Welcome to Guesty, a software-based and staff-powered property and vacation rental management service (the “Service”).
The Service is owned and operated by Guesty, Inc., a Delaware corporation and its subsidiary (collectively, the “Company”, “we”, “us” and “our”).
Providing us with your personal information is a choice you make. We appreciate that and thank you for making this choice. You are not legally obligated to provide us with this information, but we do need it to allow you to use the Service.
This Policy is combined into our Terms of Service (the “Terms“), and is a part of them. Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about how the Service works.
Jump to our CCPA Notice
Jump to our GDPR Notice
Customers & Website Visitors
Contact and Professional Information
When you submit an inquiry, make a customer service request or register an account, you provide contact information such as your name, address, mobile phone number and email address. Because our customers are rental businesses, our knowledge of your business is considered professional information.
We use the information you provide to respond to your questions when you are performing due diligence on the Service, to deliver the Service, and to provide customer support. We also send emails to tell you more about our services.
We share this information with third parties that provide services in the following categories:
- Customer Support
- Infrastructure and Engineering
- Internal Productivity and Collaboration
- Sales & Marketing
- Finance & Accounting
- Data Analytics
If you leave us a voicemail, the recording of your voice is considered audio information. We use this information to respond to your inquiries and requests. This is collected on our behalf by third parties who provide telecommunication services.
When you make an inquiry or make the choice to subscribe to the Service, your purchases, either considered or obtained, are considered commercial information. This information is stored in our third-party Customer Relationship Management system.
We collect your payment information through when you pay for our Service. This information is collected on our behalf by a payment processor.
Electronic Activity, Device Information, and IP Information
We collect IP address and electronic activity (i.e. how you use our website or application), along with information about your device type and operating system when you visit our website and use our software products. This information is collected on our behalf by third parties that provide services for advertising, marketing data analytics, and customer relationship management. We use this information to operate and improve our website, Service, marketing efforts and for security & fraud detection
We may also use the information we collect to:
- Enforce the Terms and this Policy and to prevent misuse of the Service
- Comply with any applicable law and assisting law enforcement agencies and competent authorities, if we believe it is necessary or justified; and
- Take any action in any case of a dispute involving you, with respect or in relation to the Service
Guests of our Customers
Personal Information Shared for a Business Purpose.
We access guest data on behalf of our customers. The data we collect about these guests consists of:
- Contact information in order to provide our Service
- Commercial information such as reservation start and end date in order to provide our Service
- Biometric information in case a voicemail is left for us
- Electronic Activity, Device Information, and Geolocation Information is collected when a guest visits a booking website we’ve made on behalf of our customer
Guest personal information is shared by our customers for a business purpose only. We certify that this information:
- Will not be used beyond what is necessary to provide our Service as specified in our Terms of Service
- Will never be sold
- Will not be retained or disclosed beyond what is necessary to provide our Service
We may use the information we collect, as outlined above, to compile anonymized or aggregated information. We may share, sell or otherwise communicate and make available such anonymized or aggregated information to any other third party, at our sole discretion. However, we will not knowingly or intentionally share information that can be reasonably used to reveal your identity without your consent.
This service is for people 16 years of age or older. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children who are under 16 years of age.
We use this information to remember your site preferences. Additionally, we aggregate this data to analyze site traffic and the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
You can delete advertising cookies in your browser by using this form: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Transfer of data outside your territory
We may store and process information in various locations throughout the globe, including through cloud services. The laws in those other countries may provide a lesser degree of data protection than the laws of your own country. You agree to the transfer of your information to such other countries for the purpose of processing as described in this Policy, including through cloud services.
We implement measures to reduce the risks of damage, loss of information and unauthorized access or use of information. These measures do not provide absolute information security. Therefore, it is not guaranteed and you cannot expect that the Service will be immune to information security risks.
We retain personally identifiable information for as long as we deem necessary for the purposes set forth above. We may delete information from our systems, without notice to you, once we deem it is no longer necessary for the purposes set forth above.
We may change this Policy. We will provide you notice of such changes through the Service’s interface. Your continued use of the Service constitutes your consent to the amended Policy. If you do not consent to the amended Policy, we may terminate the Terms and your account on the Service and block your access to, and use of, the Service, upon the elapse of 30 days after you decline to accept the revised Policy.
In the case of legal requirement or necessity, we may also introduce immediate changes to this Policy. The latest version of the Terms and its effective date will always be accessible on the Service.
You may contact us with any questions, requests and complaints, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: April 26th, 2020
We do not “sell” your personal information except for our use of digital advertising from companies such as Google, Facebook, and Microsoft on the Guesty Website.
CCPA expands the definition of a “sale” such that targeted advertising (in which ads are targeted based on your browsing behavior) is considered a sale of information.
You can opt out of this “sale” by opting out of these cookies https://optout.aboutads.info/ .
Right to Know
You may request the information we have collected about you. The right to access includes disclosure of:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which your personal information is collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
We will provide this information directly to you in a portable format.
If you make a request more than twice a year, you may be required to pay a small fee for this service.
Right to Deletion
You may exercise your right to deletion. We will delete any personal information that is not critical to the normal business operation of Guesty from our records and direct all of our service providers to do the same.
We consider data to be critical to our business operation if they are used to:
Provide goods or services to you
- Detect and resolve issues related to security or functionality
- Comply with legal obligations
- Right to Non-Discrimination
If you exercise your consumer rights:
- We will not deny goods or services to you
- We will not charge different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- We will not provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you
You may designate someone as an authorized agent to make a request under CCPA on your behalf. You can do this by providing written permission to authorize an agent to act on your behalf; the agent will need to verify their identity with us. Agents authorized by power of attorney are exempt from having to provide written permission, but must show documentation that power of attorney has been granted.
We will deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
If you are a guest or a prospective user that has not previously used our Service, we will verify your email address.
If you are a past customer, we will ask you to confirm two to three pieces of behavioral data in order to verify your identity.
If we cannot verify your identity, we cannot fulfill requests to exercise any rights accorded to you by CCPA.
Last updated: February 24th, 2020
The following disclosure is made pursuant to the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
As a data controller of our clients’ personal data, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27th 2016. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products and to our sales, marketing and customer contract fulfillment activities. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time; and to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory data protection authority.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents:
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts:
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest:
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subject do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between Guesty and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Guesty holds about you.
- The right to request that Guesty correct your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- If you are a customer you may update your user profile by logging onto Guesty Platform and selecting “Account” and then “My Profile”.
- The right to request that your personal data be deleted when it is no longer necessary for Guesty to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications:
- If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from Guesty, such as order confirmation, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request that Guesty provide you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
As regards the processing of Personal Data concerning persons within the European Union, the Company has designated the following representative in the European Union:
Representative: Andrea Laghi
piazza 4 novembre 7 20124, Milan
Contact details: email@example.com
The representative is mandated by the Company to be the recipient on behalf of the Company of all issues related to the processing of Personal Data concerning persons within the European Union.
The Company’s DPO – firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective date of the policy: May 24, 2018