Welcome to Guesty, a software-based and staff-powered property and vacation rental management service (the “Service”).
The Service is owned and operated by Guesty, Inc., a Delaware corporation and its subsidiary (collectively, the “Company”, “we”, “us” and “our”).
Providing us with your personal information is a choice you make. We appreciate that and thank you for making this choice. You are not legally obligated to provide us with this information, but we do need it to allow you to use the Service.
What We Collect, Why, And How It's Shared
Customers & Website Visitors
When you submit an inquiry, make a customer service request or register an account, you provide contact information such as your name, address, mobile phone number and email address. Because our customers are rental businesses, our knowledge of your business may be considered professional information.
- Process transactions with you, authenticate you when you log in, and operate and maintain the Services
- Communicate with you about the Services and respond to your support requests
- Provide customer support to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyze information, and to repair and improve the Services.
- Email newsletter subscribers with updates on product features
- Provide retargeted advertising
- Sales outreach to prospective customers
- Analyze user activity data to determine where we need to improve user and customer experience.
Detect security incidents
- Verify accounts and activity, monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and identify violations of Service policies
Comply with the law and more
- Enforce the Terms and this Policy and to prevent misuse of the Service
- Comply with any applicable law and assisting law enforcement agencies and competent authorities, if we believe it is necessary or justified
- Take any action in any case of a dispute involving you, with respect or in relation to the Service
How We Share Personal Information
We use service providers and other third party services to help perform essential business functions on our behalf. We do not share any information unnecessarily.
What We Share
Who We Share It With
Business Communication and Collaboration Tool
Customer Support Service
Data Analytics Provider
Finance and Accounting Tool
Hosting Service Provider
Sales and Marketing Tool
Sales and Marketing Tool
Internet or Electronic Network Activity
Customer Support Service
Data Analytics Provider
Hosting Service Provider
Sales and Marketing Tool
Guests of our Customers
We are a service provider to our customers and access guest data on behalf of our customers. The data we collect about these guests consists of:
- Name, email, and phone number in order to provide our Service
- Commercial information such as reservation start and end date in order to provide our Service
Guest personal information is shared with us for a business purpose only. We certify that this information:
- Will not be used beyond what is necessary to provide our Service as specified in our Terms of Service
- Will never be sold
- Will not be retained or disclosed beyond what is necessary to provide our Service
We may use the information we collect, as outlined above, to compile anonymized or aggregated information. We may share, sell or otherwise communicate and make available such anonymized or aggregated information to any other third party, at our sole discretion. However, we will not knowingly or intentionally share information that can be reasonably used to reveal your identity without your consent.
This service is for people 16 years of age or older. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children who are under 16 years of age.
We use this information to remember your site preferences. Additionally, we aggregate this data to analyze site traffic and the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
You can delete advertising cookies in your browser by using this form: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Transfer of data outside your territory
We may store and process information in various locations throughout the globe, including through cloud services. The laws in those other countries may provide a lesser degree of data protection than the laws of your own country. You agree to the transfer of your information to such other countries for the purpose of the processing as described in this Policy, including through cloud services.
We implement measures to reduce the risks of damage, loss of information and unauthorized access or use of information. These measures do not provide absolute information security. Therefore, it is not guaranteed and you cannot expect that the Service will be immune to information security risks.
We retain personally identifiable information for as long as we deem necessary for the purposes set forth above. We may delete information from our systems, without notice to you, once we deem it is no longer necessary for the purposes set forth above.
We may change this Policy. We will provide you notice of such changes through the Services' interface. Your continued use of the Service constitutes your consent to the amended Policy. If you do not consent to the amended Policy, we may terminate the Terms and your account on the Service and block your access to, and use of, the Service, upon the elapse of 30 days after you decline to accept the revised Policy.
In the case of legal requirement or necessity, we may also introduce immediate changes to this Policy. The latest version of the Terms and its effective date will always be accessible on the Service.
You may contact us with any questions, requests and complaints, at: email@example.com.
You may exercise certain consumer rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) by filling in this form. Your CCPA rights are described below.
Right to Know
You have the right to request information regarding the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the sources of that information, the business purpose for collecting it, and what types of third parties we share or sell it with. If you make a request more than twice in a 12-month period, you may be required to pay a small fee for this service.
Right to Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information. We will delete any personal information that is not critical to the normal business operation from our records and direct all of our service providers to do the same.
We consider data to be critical to our business operation if they are used to:
- Provide goods or services to you
- Detect and resolve issues related to security or functionality
- Comply with legal obligations
Right to Non-Discrimination
If you exercise your consumer rights:
- We will not deny goods or services to you
- We will not charge different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- We will not provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you
We do not sell any information that identifies you, such as your name or contact information. However, we do allow Ad Networks such as Facebook and Google to collect your electronic activity while on our website. Ad Networks may also collect IP address and information about your device and browser (such as the name and model number of your device) through cookies and similar tracking technologies on our website. They use this information to advertise to you after you leave our website. This is called “retargeted advertising.” Under the CCPA’s broad definition of what it means to “sell” personal information, this form of advertising may be considered a “sale” of your information.
If you do not want us to provide this information to our advertisers, you may opt out here:
You may designate someone as an authorized agent to make a request under CCPA on your behalf. You can do this by providing written permission to authorize an agent to act on your behalf; the agent will need to verify their identity with us. Agents authorized by power of attorney are exempt from having to provide written permission, but must show documentation that power of attorney has been granted. We will deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Before we can respond to any CCPA requests, we will need to verify that you are who you say you are. Verification is important for preventing fraudulent requests and identity theft.
The verification process depends on which type of request you make. For requests to access specific information or requests to delete information, we may require a higher level of verification. Typically, identity verification will require you to confirm certain information about yourself based on the information we have already collected. For example, we may ask you to reply from the email address we have on file for you that is associated with your name. If we cannot verify your identity, we cannot fulfill requests to exercise any rights accorded to you by CCPA.
In some cases, we may have no reasonable method by which we can verify a consumer’s identity. For example:
- If a consumer submits a request but we have not collected information about them, we cannot verify the request.
- If the only data we have collected about a consumer is gathered through website cookies (i.e., the consumer has visited our website and had no other interaction with us), we are unable to associate a requester with the data collected; therefore, we cannot verify the request.
The following disclosure is made pursuant to the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
As a data controller of our clients’ personal data, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27th 2016. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products and to our sales, marketing and customer contract fulfillment activities. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time; and to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory data protection authority.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents:
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts:
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest:
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subject do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between Guesty and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Guesty holds about you.
- The right to request that Guesty correct your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- If you are a customer you may update your user profile by logging onto Guesty Platform and selecting “Account” and then “My Profile”.
- The right to request that your personal data be deleted when it is no longer necessary for Guesty to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications:
- If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from Guesty, such as order confirmation, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request that Guesty provide you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
As regards the processing of Personal Data concerning persons within the European Union, the Company has designated the following representative in the European Union:
Representative: Roberto Bricio
Rua Alfredo Soares, nº 6 - 4F, 1400-006 Lisbon
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
The representative is mandated by the Company to be the recipient on behalf of the Company of all issues related to the processing of Personal Data concerning persons within the European Union.
The Company’s DPO – email@example.com